Juliette Foucaut - 30 Oct 2013
A couple of months ago, my friend bananako made great suggestions to improve the looks of our website. I started tinkering and I hope the changes do justice to her input. (I recommend checking her blog, her drawings always put me in a happy mood :)
I also finally made a home page about Avoyd. I've been struggling to figure out what to say on that page, but we're happy with the result for now and I can easily change it as the project evolves. I still have to come up with a logo for Avoyd.
I'm toying with some ideas but it can wait until later. In the meantime I've carved the name of the game within the game (since it's an FPE it makes sense), using a material in our special red colour, thanks to Doug introducing a change which means we can now have different materials/colours in the Avoyd world (see his post on the subject).
The biggest changes to the website actually take place in the background. Although it's still static and hosted on google app engine (I described how I did that in this post), I'm now generating it locally from files using a Python script and uploading the output. As the site has grown it means making changes is much easier (e.g. adding blog posts and generating lists etc.), plus it's fun to program. Actually a lot of the fun was taking Udacity's intro to computing course, CS101, which doubles as an intro to Python.