Avoyd Change Log
[0.3.3] - 2018-11-12
- ADDED - Game - Option to use custom seed for world procedural generator
- ADDED - Game - Random atmosphere
- ADDED - Game - Weapon system HUD ammo display
- ADDED - Game - Voxel edge pattern now glows nearby to help visibility in low light areas
- ADDED - Game - Follow and Pause camera can now be moved when right mouse button is down (in addition to previous mode where TAB key toggles input mode)
- ADDED - Voxel Editor - Random atmosphere and lighting generator
- ADDED - Voxel Editor - Local edge glow option
- CHANGED - Game - Certain renderer options are overriden by the game when playing whilst preserving user settings in editor
- CHANGED - Game - Default menu camera position moved
- CHANGED - Game - In game settings no longer switches camera view
- CHANGED - Game - Follow camera default viewpoint improved
- CHANGED - Game - Pause camera preserves current view for a less jarring switch
- CHANGED - Game - Can now collapse the Create game menu to get a better view of the world
- CHANGED - Game - Trail colours and health indicators
- CHANGED - Game - Controls: added missing in-game control keys; rewrote tutorial; set all headers to collapse by default; show link buttons in start menu
- CHANGED - Voxel Editor - Ambient light colour now automatically set with optional manual setting
- CHANGED - Voxel Editor - Atmosphere amount now linearly controls atmospheric scattering
- CHANGED - Voxel Editor - Atmospheric g factor now appears as 'Scattering asymmetry' and clamped 0.0 to 0.99 corresponding to g factor 0.0 to -0.99
- CHANGED - Voxel Editor - Edit tool - Shapes order: group sphere with cube, move box and box hollow down the list
- CHANGED - Voxel Editor - Save icon in title bar
- FIXED - Game - Materialss, Atmosphere and Lighting data now correctly serialized over network
- FIXED - Game - Added frame time smoothing to game timer systems to reduce shuddering due to framerate hitches
- FIXED - Game - Pause and Follow cameras no longer reset when players go to settings menu
- FIXED - Game - HUD health display of entities not always positioned correctly above them
- FIXED - Game - Gameplay settings: ensure number of drones and win score are greater or equal to 0
- FIXED - Game - Stopping the game now removes all game entities
- FIXED - Game - Pausing the game now consistently goes to pause camera and back to previous camera mode when spectating
- FIXED - Game - Rare crash on stopping game.
- FIXED - When exit is requested the menu system is forced visible to permit user interaction
- FIXED - Atmosphere scattering glow and reflection directions corrected
- FIXED - Voxel materials, atmosphere and lighting now reset by File->New or generating a level in Create Game
- FIXED - Voxel Editor - Delete, Remove, Add and Paint: allow all shapes except procgen & fractal
- FIXED - Voxel Editor - Symmetry and Constraint planes no longer visible when the Edit Tool is closed
- FIXED - Voxel Editor - Game play / stop workflow fixed
[0.3.2] - 2018-10-30
- ADDED - Game - Free camera movement when paused
- ADDED - Voxel Editor - File Save with shortcut ctrl+S, File Close
- ADDED - Voxel Editor - Key internationalisation for ctrl+Z, ctrl+Y, ctrl+S
- CHANGED - Game - New models for drones and Spawner
- CHANGED - Game - Default speed is fast. In-game Shift key (accelerate) disabled.
- CHANGED - Game - Optimized voxel data generation for the spawning of entities
- CHANGED - Game - Removed lazy evaluation optimization of vertices from voxel data so rapid turning is smoother.
- CHANGED - Game - Damage altered to be even stronger at hitpoint, but drop off faster
- CHANGED - Voxel Editor - Usability changes including menus order, new consistent icons, moved the palette down in the Edit Tool etc.
- CHANGED - Voxel Editor - Edit Tool - only allow deleting Cube, Box and Sphere shapes
- CHANGED - Voxel Editor - Adjusted power save mode to resolve level of detail changes better
- CHANGED - Improved trail level of detail
- CHANGED - Faster loading of models as vertex generation now completely asynchronous
- CHANGED - Significant optimizations for multiple model rendering
- CHANGED - Lighting and vertex generation now spread out over more threads
- FIXED - Game - Models now generate ambient occlusion correctly
- FIXED - Game - Empty profile name bug fixed
- FIXED - Game - Potential crash when game ends just as entities were firing
- FIXED - Game - Potential crash in explosion system
- FIXED - Game - Collision bounding boxes for asymmetric entities
- FIXED - Voxel Editor - Action key F works correctly when mouse over UI
- FIXED - Voxel Editor - Edit keys no longer enabled when in movement mode
- FIXED - Voxel Editor - Game now stopped properly when playing in editor
- FIXED - Crash when level of detail reduction grew larger than voxel octree depth
[0.3.1] - 2018-06-30
- FIXED - Crash on start for players with no prior config file.
[0.3.0] - 2018-06-26
- ADDED - Basic gameplay test prototype with singleplayer and multiplayer coop over LAN
- ADDED - LOD Far Change Distance option which further decreases detail beyond this distance
- CHANGED - Main menu displayed at startup
- CHANGED - Game - Create game moved to own menu system
- CHANGED - Game - Disabled in-game LEFT SHIFT (speed change)
- CHANGED - Game - Spawn now Play, and Play now Continue Playing
- CHANGED - Game - Multiple improvements to movement and HUD to reduce motion sickness (see below)
- CHANGED - Game - Alignment to surface faster when surface is aligned to axis, and no alignment when not moving
- CHANGED - Game - Improved surface bound movement by quantizing attraction angles and rotating about surface attraction rather than player 'up' when possible
- CHANGED - Game - Simplified movement modes: movement in space is now always with momentum
- CHANGED - Game - Removed attraction angle visualization as it can cause motion sickness in some people
- CHANGED - Voxel Editor - Color of primary action button now set by tool
- CHANGED - Voxel Editor - Improved procedural boxes grouping by colour sets and orientation
- CHANGED - New icon for Avoyd
- CHANGED - UI transparency now works better
- FIXED - Procedural generation crash in 32bit builds
- FIXED - File dialogue no longer shows browse mode or file type options for save
- FIXED - bug where voxel edits occured when selecting tool in edit tool
- FIXED - Game - When switching from 3rd person view in game to editor avatar is no longer visible
[0.2.1] - 2018-03-23
- ADDED - Game - choice of four sizes of generated world
- ADDED - Voxel editor - Procedurl linked boxes parameters: number of boxes, multiple materials
- ADDED - Voxel editor - Sphere copy tool
- ADDED - Voxel editor - Materials UI shows selected material info: RGB colour, metallic, smoothness and strength
- ADDED - Voxel editor - New Sapphire & Ruby materials
- ADDED - Voxel editor - Import height map from image
- ADDED - Voxel editor - Multiple drive support for file dialogue browsing
- CHANGED - Game pauses when toggling to editor view
- FIXED - View no longer rotates when switching between in-game and editor view
- FIXED - Removed debug log message from in game movement code
- FIXED - Memory leak in octree when editing
[0.2.0] - 2018-03-04
- ADDED - Prototype in-game movement and play menu
- ADDED - Prototype primary and secondary destruction tools (in-game)
- ADDED - Procgen Menger sponge
- ADDED - Procgen linked boxes
- CHANGED - Improved performance of BOX and CUBE shape editing
- CHANGED - Removed procgen tree leaves
- CHANGED - Revised default config settings
- FIXED - Power save mode failure when frame time low
[0.1.17] - 2017-12-30
- CHANGED - Tutorial rewording.
- FIXED - Avoyd not starting due to missing CRT DLLs
- FIXED - Imported Minecraft maps now have correct name of map for saving as Avoyd files.
[0.1.16] - 2017-12-15
- ADDED - Procedurally generated trees (experimental)
- CHANGED - Camera moves to anchor position if anchor is on at startup
- FIXED - Cancel load for file imports
- FIXED - Potential crash on save causing data loss
[0.1.15] - 2017-11-30
- ADDED - Wedge edit shape
- ADDED - Corner edit shape
- ADDED - Minecraft and .vox (MagicaVoxel) import workflow
- ADDED - Minecraft levels now load automatically once you browse to their root directory
- ADDED - Progress bar for loading files
- ADDED - Asynchronous file loading
- ADDED - File filtering options
- ADDED - Refresh file list button
- CHANGED - Improved file dialogue layout
- CHANGED - Moved Lighting options to standalone window
[0.1.14] - 2017-11-18
- ADDED - List of technologies and open source libraries used to About menu.
- ADDED - Default Materials palette.
- ADDED - Edit Tool summary of settings for Constraint and Symmetry.
- ADDED - Edit Tool Symmetry option to disable all symmetry planes.
- ADDED - Edit Tool Undo and Redo buttons
- ADDED - Message box for actions with no undo (e.g. clear world, reset all configuration settings).
- ADDED - Help menu with Tutorial, About and links.
- ADDED - Tutorial for the Edit Tool: Set, Paint and Delete.
- ADDED - Tooltips functionality.
- CHANGED - Edit Tool layout reworked for improved usability.
- FIXED - Mouse click focussing window causing an edit.
- FIXED - Crash when snap to grid set to zero.
- FIXED - Arcball axial speed cinematic option.
[0.1.13] - 2017-10-17
- ADDED - Box hollow shape with wall thickness control.
- ADDED - Ellipsoid hollow shape with wall thickness control.
- ADDED - Tube shape with wall thickness control.
- ADDED - Mouse wheel multiplier for tool and anchor distance.
- ADDED - Camera auto align along axis with axis preference control.
- CHANGED - Checkbox menu items no longer close menu when clicked.
- CHANGED - Improved ellipsoid, Cylinder and Cone shapes surface.
- FIXED - Slider units labels.
- FIXED - Possible fix for GUI controls getting stuck.
[0.1.12] - 2017-10-11
- ADDED - Lock anchor position, useful for making symmetric objects.
- ADDED - Multiple bounds for anchor tool gizmo.
- FIXED - Bug in undo/redo system which could cause a crash.
- FIXED - Turning anchor on now sets position to tool cursor correctly.
- FIXED - Tool gizmo movement when camera perpendicular to an axis.
- FIXED - Gizmo axis selection when camera perpendicular to an axis.
[0.1.11] - 2017-10-06
- ADDED - Cone edit shape.
- ADDED - Edit->Clear command for clearing world whilst leaving the paste brush active.
- ADDED - Can now modify size of tool using ImGuizmo when anchor active.
- ADDED - Move anchor here and focus camera.
- CHANGED - Right click context menu can now be accessed by right clicking with no movement or CTRL + right click.
- CHANGED - Anchor controls simplified.
- CHANGED - Tool distance moved next to tool position in modify tool UI.
- CHANGED - Can always press F key to perform tool action.
- CHANGED - Tool distance no longer shown if anchor on.
- FIXED - Soft edges in remove mode for cylinder, cone and ellipsoid.
[0.1.10] - 2017-09-29
- ADDED - Cut and Copy now switch to Paste after use.
- ADDED - CTRL+X, CTRL+C, CTRL+V for cut, copy, paste.
- CHANGED - Actions now operate on key press rather than key release, making CTRL+KEY operations easier.
- CHANGED - Paste rotation and reflection reset on cut or copy operation.
- CHANGED - The delete part of cut action now respects symmetry.
- FIXED - Cylinder crash with symmetry planes.
- FIXED - Cylinder orientation with symmetry planes.
- FIXED - Symmetry planes with multiple paste rotation axes.
[0.1.9] - 2017-09-28
- ADDED - Ellipsoid edit shape.
- CHANGED - File dialogue selection when typing filename modified for improved feedback.
- FIXED - Undo/redo now tracks copy/paste operations correctly.
- FIXED - Snap to Grid can no longer be set to less than 1 in the UI.
- FIXED - Can no longer set size of tool cursor smaller than 1 voxel.
- FIXED - Resolved precision issues for small voxels.
- FIXED - cylinder shape symmetry issues.
- FIXED - potential crash in copy/paste operations.
- FIXED - cut restricted to box/cube shapes.
[0.1.8] - 2017-09-19
- ADDED - Cylinder edit shape.
- ADDED - System task thread reduction control, which defaults to 1 (unused if less than 2 hardware threads).
- FIXED - Resolved transform bug in render order, massively reducing overdraw.
- FIXED - Unicode filenames support.
[0.1.7] - 2017-06-28
- ADDED - Block edge outline amplitude control.
- CHANGED - Improved select tool cursor and block edge voxel grid outlining.
- CHANGED - Auto align to axis now clamps much faster.
- CHANGED - Auto algin now has a hysteresis for a more natural feel.
- CHANGED - Move Camera To & Center arcball camera here now expand ray test if no voxel hit for easier movement to far away structures.
[0.1.6] - 2017-05-17
- ADDED - anchor cursor mode for precision building.
- ADDED - 'Set Anchor Here' & 'Anchor' options to CTRL + Right Click menu.
- ADDED - ImGuizmo tool in anchor mode for moving tool cursor.
- CHANGED - improved light generation performance.
- CHANGED - updated enkiTS for improved multithreading on high core count systems.
- CHANGED - updated GLFW for raw mouse input support giving more precise mouse camera control.
[0.1.5] - 2017-04-29
- ADDED - CTRL + Right Click menu.
- ADDED - Auto Align to Axes camera option.
- ADDED - Set camera to position in camera menu.
- ADDED - Set camera to position to origin in camera menu.
- ADDED - Move Camera Here to CTRL + Right Click menu.
- ADDED - Center Arcball Camera Here to CTRL + Right Click menu.
- CHANGED - modify tool cursor only shows if edit tool visible.
- CHANGED - menu layout.
- FIXED - issue which can occur when using an empty save filename.
[0.1.4] - 2017-04-22
- FIXED - save bug introduced in last release 0.1.3.
[0.1.3] - 2017-04-21
- ADDED - drag & drop onto File browser now supported.
- CHANGED - file dialogue browse mode shows hidden files & folders.
[0.1.2] - 2017-04-20
- ADDED - Minecraft region files (*.mca) can be opened.
- ADDED - file dialogue browse mode.
- ADDED - text input scrolls file dialogue to closest matching file.
- ADDED - Can select files with UP/DOWN arrow keys.
- CHANGED - Load renamed to Open.
[0.1.1] - 2017-04-11
- CHANGED - improved paste brush rotate & mirror UI.
- CHANGED - moved to Visual Studio 2017 toolchain for CPU performance.
- CHANGED - optimized CPU performance.
- FIXED - power save mode did not update correctly.
- FIXED - paste brush occasionally not visible on load.
- FIXED - plane constrain position with size 1 tool.
[0.1.0] - 2017-03-22
Significant rework of voxel octree structure for memory and performance optimization.
- CHANGED - file versions updated to V2 with backwards compatibility support.
- CHANGED - optimized memory of voxel octree structure.
- CHANGED - optimized CPU performance.
- CHANGED - F10 screenshot filenames now starts with Avoyd_.
- FIXED - correct monitor used at startup when fullscreen has been selected.
[0.0.15] - 2017-03-10
- FIXED - optimus and power Xpress exports no longer mangled so hybrid GPU should now choose high performance.
- CHANGED - camera related options moved to camera menu.
[0.0.14] - 2017-03-04
- FIXED - odd sized paste brushes no longer paste to wrong position, and undo works properly.
[0.0.13] - 2017-03-02
- FIXED - recent file list updates correctly when a previously recent file is loaded.
- FIXED - large octrees no longer have problems with view frustrum.
[0.0.12] - 2017-02-28
- FIXED - loading a brush orientation set correctly.
[0.0.11] - 2017-02-27
- ADDED - load voxel models as paste brushes with material merging.
- ADDED - recent file list.
- ADDED - check for updated version with download button.
- CHANGED - vox or slab file import only creates a new material if needed.
- CHANGED - disabled voxel debug viewer.
- CHANGED - snap to grid for boxes now snaps to the box shape, not just a single grid size.
- FIXED - constrain position centres on cursor rather than min of aabb.
- FIXED - crash on New when a paste brush is active.
- FIXED - copy / paste at edges of octree
[0.0.10] - 2017-02-21
- ADDED - box tool Z-Y axis flip.
- ADDED - edit->scale world by 2x.
- ADDED - paste brushes can be rotated and mirrored.
- ADDED - paste now works with symmetry planes.
- FIXED - resolved issue where tool size or symmetry plane settings can get forgotten.
[0.0.9] - 2017-02-17
- ADDED - paste content now visible in tool cursor for easier pasting.
- ADDED - signed exe and installer.
- FIXED - symmetry planes no longer shown for tools which do not use them.
- FIXED - number keys for tool select no longer work when hovering over input in UI.
- FIXED - LOD of built voxels now set approximately correctly on building.
- FIXED - shape and size of tool can no longer be set in paste as set by size of copy.
- FIXED - default smoothness of some materials too low.
- FIXED - symmetry planes for boxes.
- FIXED - changing tool (0-9) no longer resets tool size if PICK was selected.
[0.0.8] - 2017-02-14
- ADDED - box shape allows arbitrary boxes.
- ADDED - tool cursor moves to center of view when mouse over menus.
- ADDED - constrain plane, snap to grid, offsets, symmetry now stored in ModifyTools config.
- CHANGED - can now select tool via number keys when hovering over menus.
- FIXED - Number keys now select correct tool.
[0.0.7] - 2017-02-10
- ADDED - Avoyd now uses an installer for setup.
- ADDED - NvOptimusEnablement and AmdPowerXpressRequestHighPerformance to ensure high performance GPU selected in hybrid systems.
- ADDED - version number now in Avoyd.exe properties, build and visible in menu, log and config file.
- FIXED - icon shows correctly in task manager and file properties.
[0.0.6] - 2017-02-08
- ADDED - plane constrain can now be set at cursor position with 'P' key.
- FIXED - resolved an issue where the arcball camera was not getting initialized correctly when turned on.
- FIXED - contiguous colour grid materials now have correct right hand side colour.
- FIXED - an issue where non existent OpenGL queries were being checked.
[0.0.5] - 2017-02-06
- ADDED - change log.
- ADDED - can now reset configuration settings.
- ADDED - can reset atmosphere settings.
- ADDED - can add materials to tool palette from material window.
- ADDED - tool palette now has a clear button.
- FIXED - arcball camera sets center and position better when selected.
[0.0.4] - 2017-02-05
- ADDED - constrain plane can now be set to opaque or transparent.
- ADDED - auto center camera on load option.
- ADDED - arcball camera now has an auto speed option.
- CHANGED - edit tool and plane line pattern has been improved.
[0.0.3] - 2017-02-04
- CHANGED - removed Replace Material edit option as this currently doesn't work.
- FIXED - crash when octree defragged.
[0.0.2] - 2017-02-03
- ADDED - a mesage box will now display error if either the window or the required OpenGL version cannot be initialized.
- CHANGED - Default configuration set to edit mode ADD and camera collide with geometry to off.
- FIXED - an issue where voxels close to upper bounds of octree would dissappear under some view orientations.
[0.0.1] - 2017-02-01