Download Avoyd 0.7.3
Change log 0.7.3
Performance and efficiency
- Minecraft maps imported into Avoyd use four times less memory and saved world files are four times smaller on disk
- More efficient (but not necessarily faster) file opening and export
- Graphics optimisations improve performance by up to 1.5x compared to the previous version. This fixes a noticeable performance drop with narrow field of view angles (FOV)
- Faster generation of vertices from voxels by up to 1.3x compared to the previous version.
- Lighting update sync point removed to reduce frame time hitches.
- Import image as Heightmap: floor and smooth surface.
- The floor is a box fitting under the image heightmap.
- Smoothing the surface reduces the amount of material of the top-most voxel of each pixel.
- Edit tool's brush preview casts a shadow using stochastic transparency
- Reset: in the voxel editor, settings can be reset to original installation values under menu Settings > Reset. More specific resets are now available in Display, Graphics, Controls and Cameras
- Crash when cancelling loading a world;
- Reset settings no longer causes the main window to shrink;
- Load world as paste brush anchor is now centred;
- Edit tool wireframe cursor now shows when deleting, removing and cutting;
- In-game spectate field of view uses in-game value instead of the voxel editor's.
Edit Tool - stochastically transparent brush preview and shadow - new in Avoyd 0.7.3
Edit Tool - opaque brush preview shape casts opaque shadow
Import Image as Height Map, with smoothing - new in Avoyd 0.7.3
Import Image as Height Map, without smoothing