A quick overview on how to add custom colours in Avoyd 0.1.16 (The user interface is in flux: these instructions will become obsolete in the future).
To create custom materials / colours:
- Open the Materials window (menu View > Materials)
- Open the New Material window (button Create New Material)
- Choose the Separate Colours Palette type
- Give the material a name
- Choose the palette size (X columns, Y rows)
- the number of colour swatches available it X * Y
- Press OK
- Back in the Materials window
- Select the new material at the bottom of the list.
- Select each swatch in turn and set its RGB (Red, Green, Blue), Metallic and Smoothness values.
- To save the material and its swatches, either
- Save the World (File > Save): the material palette is saved but can only be used in this world.
- OR save the material template (File > Save Template > Material) and give the material a name.
- The *.materials files are saved in the "..\Avoyd\Templates\Materials" directory.
- You can load the material palette to use in any world (File > Load Template > Material)
- To add a swatch to the Edit Tool palette (View> Edit Tool), double click on the swatch or select it and press Add to tool palette.