In this version we've added 2 new shapes: Wedge and Corner. We've also made it easier to import Minecraft and MagicaVoxel Vox files.
Download Avoyd 0.1.15
To draw a wedge or a corner shape:
- Open the Edit Tool window (menu View > Edit Tool).
- Choose the Set tool (pencil icon)
- Select the shape Wedge or Corner
- For the wedge, choose the axis orientation, x y or z. Additional axis inversions mirror the wedge along the chosen axes.
- For the corner, pick the corner point which will be the summit of the 3 sided pyramid. The corners coordinates are normalised xyz.
- Tip: enable the Anchor to visualise the axes.
- Move your cursor into the world. You should see a green 3D grid.
- Left mouse click or press F or press the Set button (bottom of the Edit Tool window)
To import Minecraft or MagicaVoxel Vox files:
- Open the import tool (menu File > Import)
- Choose Minecraft or Vox
- For Minecraft, browse to the directory that contains the files and select it
- For Magica Voxel, browse to the Vox file you want to load (*.vox extension) and select it.
- The file is loaded, you should see a progress bar if it's large (Minecraft maps in particular)
- Minecraft maps are loaded with the default Minecraft palette. It'll be listed in the Materials tool (menu View > Materials) where you can edit it.
- MagicaVoxel Vox files are imported together with their own palette, available in the Materials tool (menu View > Materials) once the Vox file is loaded.
- It is not possible to export Avoyd files back to Minecraft nor MagicaVoxel Vox format. Changes have to be saved in the Avoyd format.
- ADDED - Wedge edit shape
- ADDED - Corner edit shape
- ADDED - Minecraft and .vox (MagicaVoxel) import workflow
- ADDED - Minecraft levels now load automatically once you browse to their root directory
- ADDED - Progress bar for loading files
- ADDED - Asynchronous file loading
- ADDED - File filtering options
- ADDED - Refresh file list button
- CHANGED - Improved file dialogue layout
- CHANGED - moved Lighting options to standalone window